Our centre is based in Palmerston North, and there are a number of regular weekly classes and meditations available. These include:
Weekly drop-in classes: most Wednesday evenings, 7.00 – 8.30 pm.
Lunchtime simply meditate: most Thursdays, 12.30 - 1.00pm
Prayers for world peace: weekly, Sundays, 7.00 – 7.30pm
Chanted prayers and meditations: in general we have Heart Jewel on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 7.30 til 8.30 am.; and on Saturdays from 8.00 - 9.00 am. Times vary for longer pujas which are regularly held on the 8th, 10th, 25th and 29th of each month; and on other special days or occasions.
Please check the links for more information and dates and times (These are also shown on the calendar).
Both the Foundation Study Programme and Teacher Training Programme are available in Palmerston North and there are also a number of full and half-day meditation courses and other events during the year.
You can also find out more about the centre here.
winter warmers: drop-in classes (june - august), wednesdays 7.00 - 8.30pm (various teachers)
- june 19: the four noble truths (part 1) - jan mcpherson
- june 26: the four noble truths (part 2) - jan mcpherson
- july 3: the faults of anger/stress - david kelly
- july 10: why we get angry, stressed & the benefits of patience - kelsang phunwang
- july 17: patient acceptance - roy meeking
- july 24: learning not to retaliate - malcolm todd
- july 31: jealousy and rejoicing - malcolm todd
- august 7: transforming difficulties (part 1) - birgit saunders
- august 14: transforming difficulties (part 2) - birgit saunders