The Teacher Training Programme is designed for those wishing to train as qualified Kadampa Buddhist teachers. The programme provides the opportunity to deepen our knowledge and experience of Buddha's teachings, which can then be shared with others - through teaching Kadampa meditation classes or through our informal contact with others who wish to know more about meditation and Buddhism.
The programme is offered in conjunction with the Foundation Study programme (Palmerston North, Whanganui or distance study). In addition to following the Foundation programme, students (including distance students) need to commit to attending regular retreats; and participating in Teaching Skills classes.
- Gen Kelsang Demo will be the teacher. If you are interested in joining the programme, please contact her on 06 3553524 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: $75 per month includes FP classes, all GP classes and half day courses at Amitabha Centre and its branches.
- Palmerston North: Wednesday evenings, 6.30 - 9.00pm (or as a distance student)
will be organised in response to the needs of individual teachers
Great Preliminary Guide Retreats
(held at the Amitabha Centre, Palmerston North)
- Sunday, April 29: Refuge Retreat
- Sunday, May 27 : Vajrasattva Retreat
- Sunday, November 4 : Guru Yoga and Mandala Offering Retreat