We are living in an age of distraction, where everyone is accustomed to constant stimulation and mental busyness, and it is very rare to enjoy even a moment of inner stillness.
What would it be like to not be distracted, and to be able to focus our mind on whatever we wish, for as long as we want?
With this course, you will learn how to access profound inner stillness through engaging in a systematic training that increases your concentration. Pure concentration causes our mind to attain a tranquil state, free from distractions, able to stay focused with power and clarity. These techniques can create a strong foundation for a successful daily meditation practice and give us confidence to carry this tranquillity and focus into our daily life.
There are two options for this course:
Option A: Half-day course, Amitabha Centre, 174 Albert Street, Palmerston North
- Sunday, June 16. 10am – 2pm: Improving concentration: Meditating on the clarity of our mind to deepen our concentration and develop our sense of inner peace
- Cost: $40 (includes lunch)
Option B: Full-day course (at the Amitabha centre) + home training + 3-day retreat (at Sixtus Lodge)
- Sunday, June 16. 10am – 4.30pm: Improving concentration (meditating on the clarity of our mind to deepen our concentration and develop our sense of inner peace), followed by a workshop for in-depth training in concentration in preparation for home practice
- June - August: Home practice
- Friday, August 30 - Sunday, September 2: 3-day retreat at Sixtus Lodge
- Cost: $230 (includes full-day course with lunch, and accomodation and meals at Sixtus Lodge)
When our mind is free from the turbulence of distracting conceptions it becomes calm and smooth. When we are enjoying internal peace and happiness our craving for external sources of pleasure naturally declines and it is easy to remain content.